Now that my brothers wedding is over and I have caught up on things that fell to the side, I have had some time to start printing again. Since I was having some trouble with PLA before and some luck with ABS I thought I would work with the ABS for a while and see how things were working before trying to figure the PLA out. The part I tested on was something I have been thinking about since I got my new Droid X. The speaker is on the back and it does not carry the sound to the front very well, also I thought it would be nice to have a stand for it. So I designed a dual purpose stand/sound director. (my first useful, non-reprap related, design.)
|Here you can see the inlet hole for the sound (lower left)|
|A test print to check the fit on the phone (you can see the sound path)|
|24min 40sec to print|
|My first test print (slot for phone was too small and I had a de-lamination toward the bottom)|
As you can see I am currently printing very well with ABS. I could tune it in a little better but I am pleased with the results (especially with no heated bed...)
I think I may print a few more parts with ABS then go back to PLA and see if I can work out the bugs.