Returning to some of the final build steps, I will now talk a little about the main frame.
For the frame rods I used all nylocks instead of the non-nylocks that the directions called for. The main challenge here was running them on, which was accomplished with the assistance of a power drill.
The major change, besides the nylocks, was using Vik's "Footed Parametric Frame Vertex" The other change visible here is the modified z-axis lead screw bases I have already talked about.
Then I assembled the bulk of the frame.
Next came the X-axis assembly.
And the lead screws.
Next came the y-axis bearing rods.
Next I installed the optostops.
And finally the y-axis carriage.
Next time will be about Wade's extruder and the electronics.